The following is a summary of our beliefs. You can also download a full Statement of Faith.
- We believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God and as the only rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Triune God existing eternally, having one essence and three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that wisely God created man in His own image so that He would be most glorified in us as we find our greatest satisfaction in Him.
- We believe that the original sin of Adam caused all of creation to be corrupted by sin and brought under our holy God’s just condemnation.
- We believe that the Father demonstrated His glorious love to sinners by sending the Son to be the Savior of man, by satisfying God’s righteous demands for His people through Jesus’ perfect life and by satisfying God’s holy justice punishment against rebellious sinners through Jesus’ substitutionary suffering and death.
- We believe a person receives the gift of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone.
- We affirm the priesthood of every believer, that we may approach God personally, pray to Him individually, and worship Him freely and fully at any time. We do not need to go through a human mediator as we have been given direct access to God through the Mediator, Christ Jesus.
- We believe every Christian should belong to a local church.
- We observe two ordinances – baptism and the Lord’s Supper – both of which are to be administered under the authority and direction of the local church.
- We believe the worship of God should be done intentionally, wholeheartedly, obediently, and joyfully.
- We believe in and look forward with hope to the imminent, bodily return of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in eternal life for those who obey the gospel and in eternal damnation for those who disobey the gospel.
As a Baptist Church, we are not subject to any authority outside of our congregation apart from the Word of God. Having the same convictions and mission, we have partnered with the Southern Baptist Convention as our formal denomination. Therefore, we adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message.
To further define what we believe, we have also adopted by reference The Apostles’ Creed, The Nicene Creed, The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy, The Gospel of Jesus Christ: An Evangelical Celebration, and The Danvers Statement on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.