Update from Pierre on 8/31/17:
First post from August 19
The team traveled to Haiti between August 19 and 30.
Team member Teren Sechrist, Women’s Ministry teacher at Berean. will be teaching at the pastor’s wives conference from Deuteronomy. They expect about 300 ladies for six sessions in three days. There will also be a group traveling from Ontario teaching the women on Biblical Counseling.
- Pray that the Word of God does the work of God to create and sustain the people of God.
- Pray that God uses Teren and the Canadian ladies to disciple faithfully and that the Haitian women will in turn train others.
- Pray also for unity in spirit between the teachers as they partner in God’s kingdom building.
Dr. Jennifer Winegarden also from Berean will be training doctors and pharmacists on the use of compound medicine. At this moment the basic ingredient for the training is not available at the hospital.
- Pray that we find an easy way to get it to the hospital.
- Pray that the medicine will be effective on the patients with serious never pains.
- Pray also that the hospital staff understand the relatiionship between their faith and the care they provide to the sick.
Pierre will be teaching the pastors and youth pastors in the region of Aquin. He will be speaking on Biblical Theology and Expositional preaching to the pastors in the Aquin region and the MEBSH (Mission of Baptist Churches in the South of Haiti) Board.
- Pray that Pierre doesn’t falter in his faith and that the Holy Spirit opens eyes and stirs in the pastors a strong desire to give themselves to preaching the Word of God.
- Pray that God grant me His grace in getting all the logistics in place for all these activities.
- Pray for my family and especially for the coming follow up doctor’s visit with Zacharie … that the new medicine has the expected effect in healing him from his HSP.