Union Lake is an independent Baptist church. By “independent” we simply mean we are not an official part of any organization or conference of churches where we would be subject to any authority outside of our own congregation. We strive to work out our community life together under the authority of the Scriptures. We are free as a church to fellowship and participate in ministry with any other good church or ministry of like faith and practice should we so desire and feel directed by God to do so. A detailed Statement of Faith is available upon request. We hope that the following is a helpful summary of our beliefs:
- We accept the Bible as the Word of God and as the only rule of faith and practice.
- We believe a person receives the gift of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe in the Triune God existing eternally, having one essence and three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the priesthood of every believer, that we may approach God personally, pray to Him individually, and worship Him freely and fully at any time. We do not need to go through a human mediator as we have been given direct access to God through the Mediator, Christ Jesus.
- We believe every Christian should belong to a local church.
- We observe two ordinances – baptism and the Lord’s Supper – both of which are to be administered under the authority and direction of the local church.
- We believe the worship of God should be done intentionally, wholeheartedly, obediently, and joyfully.
- We believe in and look forward with hope to the imminent, bodily return of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in eternal life for those who obey the gospel and in eternal damnation for those who disobey the gospel.