The Bible makes it very clear that God’s people are to be recognizable people set apart by God for His holy purposes. Only through membership in the local church can the New Testament commands be fulfilled: protection of spiritual leadership, committed love and care of one another, holiness of corporate witness through church discipline, assurance of faith through the body’s affirmation of your testimony and covenant with the church, ability to meaningfully participate in community outreach and worldwide missions, just to name a few.
As such, we are committed to local church membership. We would love to talk with you about membership at ULBC or even help you find another healthy church to join. Simply put, it is God’s will for you to be a zealously committed member of a local church. He provided this wise and loving provision for your mature development and His reflective glory at great cost to Himself in the sacrifice of His own Son.
It’s pretty simple actually:
- Take the Membership Class. It is offered periodically as needed. It generally takes about 3 hours. If you would be interested in a new class being scheduled, contact the church office and we’ll get one on the calendar!
- Fill out the Membership Application. It has a few questions about your personal information and some questions about your belief in God.
- Attend a Membership Interview. The purpose of this interview with one of the pastors is two-fold: (1) To answer any questions that you have and (2) To discern whether you are a born-again Christian.
- Share your Testimony with the Church Family. One of the pastors will help you write out a short testimony to keep you on track. The church would then vote to affirm your membership at the recommendation of the pastors.
- Be baptized. Baptism is to be by immersion (if not done previously).
Contact the church office with any questions or to request a Membership Class. You can telephone us at (248) 363-9600 or send us an email: E-mail Church Office